Friday 22 May 2009

Registering and setup

I already had a profile on blogspot, so didn't need to go through the "Create Account" part of the process.

From the DASHBOARD I clicked "Create a Blog"

I then went to the "Blog address (ULR)" box and tried a load of different names, each time clicking "Check Availability" to see if it was already taken. The vast majority of simple names are already bagged on Blogspot. But with a bit of creativity and juxtaposing interesting pairs of words, there are plenty of good, memorable ones left. I tried putting a hyphen between the words sometimes and just running them together other times. I ended up with "blog-steps", making my address http://www.blog-steps.blogspot.com/

This fixed the blog name - which I then input in the "Blog Title" box.

Finally I filled in the "Word Verification" box and clicked "Continue"

The next page asks you to choose a template. I chose the first on the list "Minema" This can be changed later, so it doesn't really matter what you pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment